My Maps Location 3rd party integrations documentation
Let your users search for the locations you've added and configure the display as you want. My maps location got a lot of integrations with other Joomla extensions, here's the documentation to use them.
My Maps Location extension integrations:
- Community Builder
- Ohanah Event
- Event Booking
- Hikashop & Hikamarket
- DJ Classified
- Ads Manager
- Item rating
I. K2 INTEGRATION
Since My Maps location 2.0 you’ve got a complete integration with K2 CCK. On My Maps location install, you’ll get
- A K2 plugin that activated a location area above in each K2 item
- A K2 module to display: a set of locations, categories of locations + design options
- A possibity to filter K2 item by tag in the search view
1.1 Item geolocation in K2
Each location you add in K2 item will be added automatically in My Maps location and then you’ll be able to load them as any other location. So you can load you K2 item with a menu, the search field or a specific module. First you need to locate your K2 item you want to search for.
Then you can setup in your menu that you want to search and display items from K2 (not from My Maps Location or other extension)
Then using the search engine, you'll be able to search for K2 item and each item link will naturally bring to the K2 item detailed page (instead of the My Maps location page).
Here's an example of a location search result that lead to the K2 item:
What can I also get from K2?
My Maps Location can display K2 ratings in the search results.
My Maps Location can use the K2 tags as filters in the search
1.2 K2 module
A specific K2 module is available with My Maps location called “K2 – My Maps location”.
This module will helps you to display:
- A category of K2 location
- All the K2 item with location
- A selected k2 item
- Select Bing or Google maps
- Select the view type of the locations (satellite, plan…)
Some K2 locations loaded in a module.
II. COMMUNITY BUILDER INTEGRATION
2.1 Community Builder profile map
The community builder extension for My Maps location has to be installed through CB plugin installer (not Joomla installer). It come as a separated plugin to download.
Then from Community Builder Dashboard, click on Plugin Management then Install plugin
You can now browse and upload the plugin you've downloaded on JoomUnited
Then, from the Community Builder plugin list you have the possibility to map the profile address fields with My Maps Location address fields.
Options available in the Community Builder plugin are:
- Use Auto geolocation: If set to Yes, Google Maps will not be used to auto locate users, the address field will be used in this case
- User list in search view: Load the user list from Community Builder in the search view of My Maps Location
- Use My Maps location address fields: If set to Yes My Maps Location will use it's own field to locates the user, if no you can map some CB address fileds below
- The map type, width and height
Then in the menu manager you can force the search engine to search for Community members.
Finally you can search for your members near from your position or anywhere. Members with avartar are now on the map.
III. JOMSOCIAL INTEGRATION
The Jomsocial plugin for My Maps location is installed automatically with the main package. Then you’ll find the plugin navigating in the Jomsocial apps. The plugin name is: My Location
In the plugin manager you can configure:
- If it’s a core App or not
- The map position on the profile view
- The map zoom level
- The map size
- The map type: Google Maps, Bing Maps, Mapbox
If your application is set as Core application, you can see on your profile your location (automatically added from your Jomsocial address).
Finally you can search the Jomsocial members using My Maps Location search engine called from a Joomla menu. Display and search on the the map the user location around you or anywhere.
Then when you load the Jomsocial member search from a menu you’ll be able to display the dating search fields like above.
IV. OTHERS INTEGRATIONS
Others integrations available and documentation coming soon: Ohanah Events, Event Booking, FLEXIcontent, Hikashop & Hikamarket, Easy Social, DJ Classified, Ads Manager, JoomClassified, Komento, jComments and Item Rating