News Blog: WordPress & Joomla Extensions
JU Translation: Translate and Get Extension Translation
JU Translation is a translation tool included in all our WordPress and Joomla extensions. Now it's really easy to translate, get, share and manage your extensions translations from a visual and easy to use interface!
JU Translation: What can I do with it?
- Get a translation file to put the extension in your language: just click install!
- Override an existing translation: change one or several words from a translation and avoid translation lost on update
- Update original translation file: if you find some bad translation in your language you can fix it!
- Share translation: Send us your translation, we'll add it in our language list
- Re-install a language file: an original language file modified and you're not happy, just reload it
- Use a user friendly translation interface: copy, find, compare language strings and more!
1. Install Your Language
The main interface of the translation tool is accessible through the settings of the extension, in a tab named "Translations". You'll find all your website language listed there.
- In Joomla, it's the language pack installed in the CMS
- In WordPress the default language and languages from WPML or Polylang will be detected automatically
By default all our extensions are distributed with the English language only, If your website is in French for example, just hit the button Install
A resume of the translation selected strings will then be displayed then hit save and you're done!
Note: If a language is available but not fully translated, the missing strings will be displayed in english
2. Customize a language file (override)
The override process is about creating a language that will be used in priority over the original one, in any language. The main advantage is that this overrided file will remain untouched on plugin update.
This is pretty commun in Joomla, not so much in WordPress
From this file you can override one or several translation strings: Just hit the Override button.
3. Edit or Create a translation and share it!
This part is for translators only. From the main translation dashboard, you got orange buttons named Edit Original Translation.
This button will lead you to a warning message to avoid editing an original file that will be erased on update (in this case use override). The idea of editing the original file is to share your translation with us and then we'll validate it as the reference for your language.
Your translation can then be used by all the users who need it in a single click then.
On the next step you can start the translation. Finally, after your translation, just confirm it and then you can share your translation with us (you can also drop us a message, in eenglish please :) )
4. Translation Interface Use
The translation interface is pretty user friendly.Some filters are available on the top part to quickly find what you're searching for or display only empty translations.
There's some arrows between the fields, you can copy the original translation to save time or create your own translation
What is the implementation status?
JU Translation will be implemented in all JoomUnited extensions before the end of february. Currently it's implemented in:
- WP File Download +Addons
- WP Media Folder + Addons
IMPORTANT NOTE: WE OFFER A 20% OFF COUPON IF YOU ADD OR EDIT MORE THAN 10% OF A TRANSLATION!
JU Translation will be implemented in all JoomUnited extensions before the end of february. Currently it's implemented in: Dropfiles, Droppics, WP File Download +Addons, WP Media Folder + Addons
Hope it helps!
Yes there's 12 translations available for DropEditor, check the product page: https://www.joomunited.com/products/dropeditor