News Blog: WordPress & Joomla Extensions
WooCommerce Speed Up Plugin
WooCommerce is one of the most used plugins when creating an e-commerce due to the ease of configuration and the different options they provide, but when it comes to attracting customers one of the factors that can influence the most is the loading speed of your page, that's why we present this WooCommerce speed up plugin.
Given the competition that exists, people demand fast websites that can consult and navigate them quickly and without wasting time.
According to a Google study, for every half a second that a web page takes to load you lose 20% of the visits and if your Web takes more than 3 seconds to load you can go from your store 53% of your visits. That is, if you do not optimize the load speed of your e-commerce you will lose more than half of your visits!
And what happens if you don’t know anything about code or do not want to implement code in your WordPress page? A plugin to speed up your e-commerce could be one of the answers and it is really essential due to a large number of customers that can capture a good page speed and how positive this can be for SEO.
WP Speed of light offers you a lot of tools that are really easy to use to speed up any type of website, just by selecting what you want the plugin does for you and click on save, really easy ;). WP Speed of Light also has an automatic integration with WooCommerce that let you activate all its main feature without the risk of breaking any feature of your store.
Speed up WooCommerce with WP Speed of Light
As WP speed of light is completely compatible with WooCommerce, integration is very easy since you do not need to do any advanced configuration, just use wp speed of light as you normally use it, this will automatically detect WooCommerce and perform all the necessary optimizations depending on the options that you have chosen.
In order to activate the WP Speed of Light go to WP Speed of Light > Speed of Light > Speedup and select the options that you want to allow/disallow(in order to get better performance, you’ll have to use the pro version of the plugin).
- Activate the cache system: It will speed up your website by preloading common page elements and database queries.
- Clean each: Automatically clean up the cache stored each x minutes and generate a new version instantly
- Cache for desktop/tablet/mobile: Serve the cache for a desktop to all devices by default. The other option of specific cache per device has to be used only if your theme framework is generating specific files per device.
- Add expire headers: It gives instruction to the browser whether it should request a specific file from the server or whether they should grab it from the browser’s cache
- Cache external script: Cache external resources such as script served from Google. Warning: make sure you monitor the performance before and after activation, in some case you may experience performance loss when activated!
- Never cache: Remove specific URLs from the cache, it's useful when you have pages with AJAX data that require a cache always clean
You can exclude from the cache a set of URL using rules like www.website.com/blog*
Speed up WooCommerce: WP Speed of Light PRO ADDON
- Cleanup on save: Clean cache automatically when saving a WordPress content like the post, page…
- Image lazy loading: Load only images when it's visible for the user (on scroll)
The WooCommerce cache is really important for your page, it will solve a lot of issues like the cart refresh and other payment problems, it will help you to display your shop page fast and properly, just click the options that you want to use and click on save!
Remove WordPress Options to SpeedUp WooCommerce
There are also other tools available with this awesome plugin:
- Remove query string: Remove query strings from static resources like CSS & JS files inside the Header to improve your scores on services like Pingdom, GTmetrix, PageSpeed, and YSlow.
- Disable REST API: Disable the WordPress REST API (API to retrieve data using GET requests, used by developers)
- Disable RSS feed: Disable the WordPress RSS feed. RSS feeds allow users to subscribe to your blog posts using an RSS feed reader.
WordPress Optimization in PRO ADDON
- Remove Emojis: By default emojis load on every single page of your site. If you don't use them, this is simply unnecessary.
- Disable Gravatars: Disable Gravatars avatars and use only local avatars from your media.
GROUP & MINIFY WooCommerce Resources
Minification refers to the process of removing unnecessary or redundant data without affecting how the resource is processed by the browser. E.g: code comments and formatting, removing unused code, using shorter variable and function names, and so on.
Advanced Group and Minify feature (PRO ADDON)
- Cache Preloading: The cache preloading is the process of generating a first version of the page cache automatically, so the first user that comes to the page after a cache cleanup won't have to wait for the cache generation. The page cache URLs specified, one per line will be regenerated after a cache cleanup automatically.
- DNS Prefetching: The DNS prefetching will pre-load DNS information on external domain links. For example, if your website is referring frequently to an external domain in hyperlinks, pre-fetching the DNS of this domain will load the page of this domain faster when a user clicks on it.
Just by using these options, you will see a difference in all your shop page, it was really easy, isn’t it? ;)
Final WooCommerce Checkout Speed
At the end of all this configuration, you’ll get better performance in your WooCommerce checkout speed and all the other pages.
As you can see, the differences are really remarkable, what are you waiting to get more customers? Come and test the free plugin version or get the pro Addon here: https://www.joomunited.com/wordpress-products/wp-speed-of-light