Before I buy this plugin or possibly the whole suite I want to clarify, whether it is suitable for our needs. We have lots of media files (audio, video and images) on a OneDrive for Business. We have a small Wordpress Webshop based on WooCommerce with limited file storage capacity. We want to sell media files stored on the OneDrive as WooCommerce products. And here are my questions:
- Do files stored on the OneDrive only occupy cloud space or do they also have to be transfered to the WebServer's SSD storage?
- Do such downloads simultaneously require upload and download bandwidth of the WebServer controlling the transfer?
- Does the Webserver establish a secure connection to the OneDrive when such a file is requested in order to stream the file to the server and from there to the customer?
- Are both streams running simultaneously or does the customer have to wait for the Webserver's upload first before the customer's download can begin?
- If video files are being streamed, can a customer start playback before his download is complete?
- Are there file size limits in the plugin? - Do you know, whether WebServer hosters like to limit such transfers? If no local storage is needed and if the plugin doesn't require huge buffers, there should not be any limiting factor except the network bandwidth.
- Are download links to external cloud storage which are provided to the customer by WooCommerce secure in the sense that forwarding or publishing such links would not allow others to download that file without paying?
Thank you for your time!